There are many recipes for Sherried Chicken but a lot of them have cream of something or some other ingredient. Marinate for 15 minutes only. A real easy and quick recipe, serve with basmati rice or parslied noodles. mealsforyou.com This recipe would also be great with mushrooms and broccoli -- just a suggestion. Update 08/18/2007 -- use low sodium tamari instead of regular soy sauce or just use low sodium soy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (use what you are serving)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1Combine chicken strips, sherry, soy sauce and garlic in a non-reactive bowl.
- 2Toss well and marinate 15 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Drain chicken strips, reserving marinade. Stir-fry 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is opaque throughout.
- 5Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- 6Add marinade to skillet and bring mixture to a boil.
- 7Pour over chicken and top with scallions.
- 8Serve with basmati rice or parslied noodles, broccoli, and a nice Zinfandel.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherried Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 581.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 27.4 g