Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There are many recipes for Sherried Chicken but a lot of them have cream of something or some other ingredient. Marinate for 15 minutes only. A real easy and quick recipe, serve with basmati rice or parslied noodles. mealsforyou.com This recipe would also be great with mushrooms and broccoli -- just a suggestion. Update 08/18/2007 -- use low sodium tamari instead of regular soy sauce or just use low sodium soy sauce.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (use what you are serving)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine chicken strips, sherry, soy sauce and garlic in a non-reactive bowl.
- Toss well and marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain chicken strips, reserving marinade. Stir-fry 5-6 minutes, or until chicken is opaque throughout.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add marinade to skillet and bring mixture to a boil.
- Pour over chicken and top with scallions.
- Serve with basmati rice or parslied noodles, broccoli, and a nice Zinfandel.
I loved that this was so simple and quick. It was a little salty, so next time I will probably use Low Sodium Soy Sauce.