This is a fabu-dish to impress! The taste of sherry paired with mushrooms and chicken is delicious. I love to serve this with mashed potatoes and sour dough rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a deep skillet over medium heat brown chicken breast in 1/2 stick butter until golden brow.
- 2Remove chicken from skillet to plate and keep warm with foil.
- 3Add additonal butter and sautee' shallots and mushrooms until shallots are translucent and mushrooms tender.
- 4Sprinkle flour evenly over shallots and mushrooms mix and cook over medium heat until bubbly and slightly thickened.
- 5Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and sherry and mix well with mushroom mixture let cook 5 minute.
- 6Add chicken back into skillet and add more chicken broth until liquid comes up the sides of the breasts- don't completely cover with liquid.
- 7Cover and let simmer on med-low heat until chicken is very tender about 30 minute.
- 8Don't let chicken dry out! If needed add more chicken broth if needed.
- 9Remove chicken and stir sauce to scrap up bits on bottom.
- 10Salt and pepper to taste,sauce should be slightly thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 11Serve chicken and sauce over mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherried Chicken and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.0
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 452.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 33.7 g