1/2 Photos of Sherried Chicken and Fettucini Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
From Pasta by Katharine Blakemore Light and Healthy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ounce butter or 1 ounce low fat margarine
- 1 1/2 ounces flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1Cook fettucini in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, until still quite firm, then drain well.
- 2Cook onion, bell pepper and mushrooms in butter until soft. Add the flour, cook for 1 minute, then add the stock, sherry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Mix together the pasta, chicken, cream and vegetable sauce. Pour into a shallow ovenproof casserole, sprinkle with the cheese. Cook in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or microwave 8 to 10 minutes on HIGH.
- 4Note**** This is an ideal dish for using up the remaining of the cooked chicken. Use the chicken carcass to make the stock.
- 5If cooking this dish in the microwave, finish off under the broiler to brown the cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sherried Chicken and Fettucini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.2
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 150.2 mg
- Sodium 391.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 39.7 g