Wonderfully rich casserole. Great dish for company, serve with a simple green salad.
Make and share this Sherried Chicken and Fettuccine Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook pasta in boiling water 8-10 minutes and drain well. (pasta will still be quite firm).
- Heat butter in skillet and sautee onion, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms until tender.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sherry, broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stirring constantly, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together pasta, chicken, cream and vegetable sauce.
- Pour into a shallow casserole dish and top with cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.