Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 2⁄3 lbs carrots (maximum 1/2 to 3/4 in. wide)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped crystallized ginger or 1⁄2 cup ginger chips
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- Peel carrots, trim ends, and rinse. Melt butter in a 12- to 14-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots in a single layer and turn as needed until browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add ginger, 3 tablespoons sherry, and 3 tablespoons water; mix, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are tender-crisp to bite, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange carrots on a platter and scrape ginger mixture evenly over them. Add more sherry to taste.