Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from. I love to do vege's a bit different for dinner parties, and this one looks and tastes good.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 6 -8 carrots
- 1⁄4 cup sultana
- salt and pepper
- parsley, finely chopped
- Peel and slice carrots.
- Melt butter with chicken stock and sherry.
- Add carrots and sultanas.
- Simmer approximately 10 minutes.
- Leave lid off toward end of cooking for liquid to reduce and to form a sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
A delicious way to fix carrots. After asking everyone in Kroger what sultanas are (to no avail) I had to come home and look it up (they are white raisins). I used regular raisins instead and it was great. Very easy.