Recipe by SuzieQue
An elegant sidedish that goes wonderfully with prime rib or any beef or lamb dish.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut broccoli into spears, removing tough lower stalks.
- Wash well.
- Cook in microwave until barely tender (2-3 minutes).
- Place in baking dish.
- Dissolve bullion in the 3/4 cup hot water.
- Stir in half and half and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan and blend in flour.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cook and stir 1 min.
- Gradually stir in bullion mxiture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in lemon juice, sherry and pepper.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.