Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this out of one of my slow cooker recipe books. Easy meal to throw in the crock pot and cook on its own.
- 4 cups sliced assorted fresh mushrooms, such as a button, crimini, and shiitake
- 3 medium carrots, cut into1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 lb stew meat, cut in to 1 inch cubes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- in a 4 - 6 quart slow cooker place mushrooms, carrots,celery,rice mix with seasoning packet.place meat on top of veggies. Pour broth and sherry over all.
- cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high heat 4-5.