Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an absolutely delicious, easy meal to make with a wonderful gravy. Smells so good while cooking.. Great for company.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast, cubed
- In a skillet saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Add soup, sherry and water and simmer for 1 minute.
- Put cubed beef in a lightly greased large baking dish and pour soup mixture on top.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 3 hours.
- Serve over noodles or rice.