Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not made this recipe from *River Road Recipes* published by the Junior League of Baton Rouge, but it sounds yummy & looks so easy to fix that I decided to share it w/you. Mrs. Evans Howell was acknowledged for this great idea. At the heart of its appeal for me is its ease of prep + the fact it is made & stored in the freezer till needed & can be used for those emergency occasions. (Pls see NOTE at the end of the prep) *Enjoy*
- 1 (18 ounce) box angel food cake
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Slice cake into 3 layers.
- Soften ice cream & combine w/the sherry & pecans. Spread this mixture between the cake layers.
- Beat whipping cream till soft peaks form, frost cake w/the cream & freeze for later use.
- NOTE: As orig entered, accepted by the editing system & viewed by me, the 1st ingredient was a pre-made angel food cake - which was my intent. You can of course make an angel food cake, but I would go the easy route, use a pre-made cake & sprinkle the top surface of the cake w/choc sprinkles prior to freezing :-).
I couldn't have asked for a simpler or better recipe recipe. What can I say, it was too good to be true, even in the winter time. This is something i'll make again in the future, especially in the summer when I want to cool down my mouth during the heatwaves.