Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite Fajita recipes! This is especially good cooked on the grill in a stir-fry basket, it gives it a smokey flavor.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1 lb round steak (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 large onion (sliced into strips)
- 2 red bell peppers (sliced into strips)
- 2 green bell peppers (sliced into strips)
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, orange juice, cumin, chili powder,liquid smoke, salt and oregano.
- Mix up well and set aside.
- Slice meat into thin strips and put in a gallon ziplock bag or covered bowl and add marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate in Refrigerator overnight, mixing once or twice while in refrigerator.
- Slice bell peppers and onion.
- In a heavy skillet add a little oil and cook steak on high heat until done then add vegetables and cook until slightly tender.
- Serve with flour tortillas and Guacomole.
So good and easy! We cooked on the grill. Donna
Very tasty!! I used chicken and tripled it for 2 lbs of chicken, 2 peppers, 1 huge onion and a zucchini, but i didn't triple the liquid smoke, just doubled. I might try to add a bit of brown sugar next time, but it was really good as is. I also added some garlic powder.
Great flavors--I marinated some sirloin steak for a full day. I had reduced the amount of cumin as sometimes I find it overpowering but think the full amount would have been fine here.