4 hrs 45 mins
I love beef stew. I am not fond of canned stew and have read many recipes and finally just took a little from one and a little from another and just added the things I like. This one my family loved so it's a keeper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large potatoes, peeled,diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat, cut up bite sized
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Place diced potatoes and sliced carrots in a large microwave safe bowl, cover and cook in microwave for six minutes until potatoes are partially cooked.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 3Place flour in a gallon sized plastic bag and coat meat.
- 4Brown meat in skillet.
- 5(Remaining flour in bag will be used as thickener) Put potatoes and meat in crock pot.
- 6Add remaining ingredients.
- 7Add flour from bag along with enough to make 1/3 of a cup of flour.
- 8Stir well and let simmer on low for 4 hours.
- 9If not to desired thickness you may remove cover and turn to high, stir every so often.
- 10Or add more flour or some cornstarch dissolved in a little water.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sheri's Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.5
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.2 mg
- Sodium 1522.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 47.5 g