Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think my whole family has been using this same recipe for at least 20 years!
- 2 cups yellow squash, uncooked and grated
- 2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Combine the grated squash and onion and mix well.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper, blending completely.
- Allow this mixture to sit for 30 minutes, then drain it well.
- Add the flour and egg and stir well.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Drop the squash mixture by spoonfuls into the butter and fry until golden brown.
Thank you! We used both yellow and zucchini for this and it was awesome. So very glad to have found this recipe... my honey bunch said it tasted a bit like egg fu young to him. I know it was simply delicious. Thanks again!
My husband and I really loved these. I was wondering how much squash I needed for two cups. I used one very large yellow squash and it yielded almost exactly two cups. These tasted great and were even a little addicting. The squash taste is completel masked which was slightly disappointing. This amost tastes just like an omelet to us....very good. I could not get my two year old to taste it.