Recipe by JenSmith
This also comes from yesterday's newspaper. It sounds like a cute idea for a summer desert, especially if your kids don't like watermelon (they don't know what they're missing!)! It can be made up to 1 week ahead.
- 1 pint lime sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 1⁄2 pints raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 1 1/2 quart rounded metal bowl with plastic wrap.
- Press a thin layer of lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze, uncovered, until firm.
- Spread a thin layer of the pineapple sherbet evenly over the layer of lime sherbet. Freeze until firm, as above.
- Pack raspberry sherbet into the center of the sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top to resemble a cut watermelon. Cover and freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Just before serveing, remove bowl from the freezer and uncover.
- Invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap.
- Cut the sherbet into wedges; press a few chocolate chips inot the raspberry sherbet section of each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds.