Recipe by **Jubes**
A great treat for a gluten free child. This is an old recipe--the fact that it is gluten free is just a bonus. This recipe can be made on regular icing sugar and baking powder if your diet does not require gluten-free products. It works just as well both ways! I remember having sherbert at birthday parties as a child, or as part of a "sherbert cone"
- 1 cup gluten-free icing sugar, ensure gluten free (confectioners powdered sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon citric acid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tartaric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder, ensure gluten free
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift and mix all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- To make more tangy add more citric acid.
- To sweeten add more icing sugar.
- A variation is to add jelly crystals to make alternate flavours (just ensure these are gluten free).