Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
For a show-stopping summer dessert, I serve this colorful, refreshing “cake.” This recipe takes a little time to prepare, but it’s a beautiful and delicious creation. Family members often request it for their birthdays.
- 3 cups raspberry sherbet
- 3 cups Orange sherbet
- 3 cups lime sherbet
- 3 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- orange slice (optional)
- lime slice (optional)
- Using a 1/4-cup ice cream scoop, shape sherbet into balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 quart vanilla ice cream, 1 cup pecans and 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread into a 10-in. tube pan. Alternately arrange 12 sherbet balls, four of each color, against the center tube and outer edge of pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread with 1 quart ice cream; freeze for 30 minutes. Top with remaining sherbet balls. Combine remaining ice cream, pecans and chips; spread over sherbet balls. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Run a knife around edge of pan; dip pan in lukewarm water until loosened. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Frost with whipped cream. Return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and orange and lime slices if desired.