Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I actually won a newspaper-sponsored recipe contest many years ago with this! My Mom has been making it for cook-outs since I can remember. It is absolutely the most refreshing dessert to have on a hot summer evening. Freezing time of completed cake not included in times.
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 pint lime sherbet
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet
- 1 pint lemon sherbet
- 1 larger container Cool Whip
- Thaw Cool Whip.
- Allow the 3 pints of sherbet to become SLIGHTLY softened.
- With a bread knife, slice cake into thirds (horizontally).
- WORKING QUICKLY:.
- Spread 1 pint sherbet on bottom layer, add middle layer of cake, spread 1 pint of sherbet on middle layer, add top layer of cake.
- fill hole in middle of cake with remaining 1 pint of sherbet.
- (At this point you may want to stick cake back in freezer for a few minutes to keep sherbet from melting).
- Frost entire cake with Cool Whip.
- Wrap loosely with plastic wrap.
- Freeze solid (overnight is best).
- When serving, a serrated knife works best.