Recipe by Trisha W
This recipe is totally cooked in the microwave. (With the exception of boiling the noodles - and those can be bought precooked these days.) There are no messy skillets to clean up AND your kitchen stays cool on those hot summer days.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cottage cheese or 1 lb ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat and garlic in 2 quart casserole dish and cook on full power in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring 1-2 times during cooking.
- Drain meat. Blend in ingredients through basil and cook covered on full power for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Layer meat mixture, noodles, Mozarella cheese and cottage cheese in 2 quart dish.
- Repeat layers, ending with meat, then sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Cook on full power 12- 14 minutes, or until heated through.