Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe actually came from my sister. I had to use up some ground beef and she suggested a favorite meal of hers to try. I did try it and I it gets made often in my house everyone loves it. It's easy to make and takes no time or effort I hope you all will enjoy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans vegetarian vegetable soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable beef soup, if you prefer
- mashed potatoes or instant mashed potatoes
- Brown 1 lb of Ground Beef in a pan until all cooked. Drain fat off Beef.
- In a baking dish pour the Ground Beef into it and add the 2 cans of Vegetable Soup to it. THERE IS NO NEED FOR WATER PLEASE DO NOT ADD WATER ALONG WITH THE SOUP. Stir all ingredients well. Spread evenly in pan.
- Add Mashed Potatoes to the top of the mixture in the pan and spread evenly over the mixture.
- Place in oven on 350 until heated all the way thru and the top is golden brown.
This is a definite favorite now in our house. My honey went back for more and just couldn't stop eating it. I had a hard time stopping too. I did add a nice layer of colby/jack cheese under the layer of potatoes. I also made garlicky mashed potatoes since we love garlic.
I admit, I was a bit skeptical about this recipe. I mean, come on 2 cans of Vegetable Beef soup. Now that's way too easy. IT WAS GREAT!!! I will be making it again and thank you for sharing.
Was really great! I was so lazy and glad to see such a simple recipe that tasted so great. I did however spice the ground beef, and load the top with a nice sharp cheddar.