Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat with onion until cooked and onion is transparent.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain green beans and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon meat over beans.
- Drain mushrooms and spoon over meat mixture.
- Combine onion soup, milk and brown gravy mix.
- Pour over top of meat and vegetables.
- Arrange tater tots over top of mixture.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until gravy juices bubble.
- Note: To save browning meat and onion- crumble meat on a baking dish with sides.
- Place in a 375°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- If a couple of pounds are browned at one time, place the extra pound in a freezer bag and freeze for later use.
This is the BEST tater tot casserole I have EVER had! I'm not a fan of layering (I don't have time for all of that!) so I mix it all together after I brown the beef and then just throw it in the dish and line the tater tots across the top.
My 3 new kids ask me to make a tater tot casserole like their Mom makes but I didn't have a recipe, so I got this one and made it. It turned my fussy eaters into ravaged beast! They gobbled the whole thing down and commented that it was the best they ever had. I have to say also that is was easy to make and loved it too! Thanks!
This is delicious, warm, filling, and inexpensive. I made a half recipe, but used the whole can of soup. I also used cream of celery soup. I used a can of mixed vegetables instead of the green beans. Just using what I had on hand, and this recipe... we had a wonderful dinner! Thank you for posting