Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy! A great comfort food!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3⁄4 cup milk, hot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water 20 minutes until tender. Mash. Combine with milk, butter, salt, pepper and cheese. Reserve.
- Cook onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add beef. Brown lightly. Stir in flour, then milk. Bring to a boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, breaking them up with a spoon. Cook until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Add seasonings, breadcrumbs and peas. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered 2-quart casserole dish. Spread or pipe mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 30 minutes.
i have to try this one