Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
good spin on old old fave
Make and share this Shepherd's Pie W/Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb, browned drained
- 1⁄2 cup peas (canned)
- 1⁄2 carrot (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups mashed red potatoes
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- preheat oven 350°F.
- pour cooked lamb into bottom of 9x13 pan and top with veggies
- whip potatoes with Swiss cheese & yolk & sour cream.
- spread over meat
- bake 30 min or until potatoes are brown.
I used chopped leg of lamb, shredded carrots, pearl onions and put blue cheese in the potato crust. I also slow cooked my lamb and veggies for five and a half hours so it got extra tender. I'd recommend using a roux or some sort of thickening agent, as mine came out a tad runny. Still it was very good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.