My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6.
- 2Dry fry the lamb with the onion, bay leaf, mushrooms and carrots for 8-10 minutes.
- 3Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually blend in the stock and tomato puree. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens and boils.
- 4Cover and simmer gently for 25 minutes.
- 5Remove the bayleaf and spoon into a 1.7 litre ovenproof serving dish.
- 6Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes until tender.
- 7Drain well and mash with the butter and milk and mix well.
- 8Pile onto the mince mixture and sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 9Serve hot with a green vegetable.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie VI
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 125.6 mg
- Sodium 169.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: