Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick easy weeknight dinner - using left overs from Sunday roast...
Make and share this Shepherd's Pie - Using Leftovers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 baked potatoes, skins on
- 2 cups diced roast
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces canned corn
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt, and peppar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put potatoes, cheddar, sour cream and cream cheese in mixer or food processor - process til mashed potatoe consistancy.
- Melt butter - saute mushrooms until they give up their moisture. Add in Whrchestershire sauce. Mix in flour - stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add broth, stir til boiling - turn to simmer and allow to thicken somewhat.
- Mix diced roast, carrots, drained corn and mushroom gravy together.
- Pour into sprayed 3 qt casserole dish.
- Spread potatoe mixture over top.
- Bake for 45 Minutes to one hour.
This recipe is very much like the one that I use with ground meat. I was intrigued with the treatment of the potatoes in this recipe. I thought that it would make the potatoes much easier with which to deal. I did follow the recipe as I understood it. I processed the potatoes in the food processor until mashed potato texture. It looked alright but the texture was gummy for me and hubby definitely did not like them. In the future, I will make the recipe as is except, make regular mashed potatoes with the sour cream etc added. Hubby did say that he much preferred the cubes of beef to the ground meat. Thank you for posting this recipe, I love to try new ideas and it one of reasons I love this site, Keep up the good work.