Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like a well spiced, savory shepherd's pie, but most I have tried get mixed reviews because the topping is bland or so thick with cheese that you really don't know what you're eating! I hope you will find this different and delish!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- In a medium saucepan, combine potato, thyme and rosemary.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and return to pot (off the heat).
- Add rest of the ingredients and mash until smooth.
- They are now ready to complete your pot pie, so pile high and enjoy.
- You can add one more step by putting dish under broiler to lightly brown.