- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 cups water
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef for 8-10 minutes, until no pink remains; drain off grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the potato flakes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the potato flakes and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened.