Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy to make, one pan, stove-top version of Shepherd's Pie.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic (or Garlic Powder)
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons white pepper (Black pepper is acceptable)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup corn (cooked)
- Dice potatoes into bite size pieces. Rinse in water and pat dry. Dice Onion into bite size pieces and dice pepper (I prefer red for visual effect) into small 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, cast iron pan, or electric skillet, begin browning your ground beef add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, & minced garlic. When meat is fully browned, remove beef and set aside while leaving fat in pan. (As best you can).
- Over Med-low heat, add potatoes to pan and stir to coat in pan drippings. Add oil (or bacon fat) if pan is too dry. Add Granulated Garlic, Onion Powder, White Pepper, Garlic Salt, Chili Powder, Oregano, & Celery Salt to potatoes and toss again.
- Cook over med-low heat uncovered and untouched for 5min, then cover for 5min.
- Add onions and peppers and stir. Cook for 5min uncovered, then 5 more minutes covered. Repeat 5min uncovered/5min covered.
- Return beef to skillet and add cooked corn. Stir and warm through covered for 5-10.
- Serve and enjoy an easy weeknight meal.
Mmmm...really simple to toss together, and very tasty-a great weekday dinner.<br/>DH and I both really enjoyed this hash type concoction. Very much comfort type fare....I even considered sticking a fried egg on top!<br/>DH nabbed the leftovers to take to work the next day, and put this recipe straight into his top 10 list of leftover work lunches...some recommendation!!!<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2013.