Recipe by Chef Wayne in Parker, Colorado
This is one of my favorites. It will feed allot or freeze for another day.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, med diced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces mushrooms
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch-style beans with jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons bleu cheese salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons chives
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potato cubes in a large pot and water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender. Drain. (Save a cup of water for tempering egg yolk later).
- Temper egg yolk with water saved earlier. Placed potatoes back in the pot. Whip the potatoes with a mixer; add egg yolk sour cream, blue cheese dressing, and chives. Thin with milk.
- Over med hi heat in a large skillet add ground beef, brown, and drain. Return to the pan with olive oil and sear. Add onion, mushrooms cook until tender. Add ranch beans until warm. Add mixture to a 12" x 18" glass-baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add butter and melt. Whisk in flour and cook for a couple minutes. Whisk in beef stock, Worcestershire and steak sauce. Cook until thickened.
- Pour over meat mixture.
- Spread whipped potatoes over meat mixture. (Spray spatula with cooking spray) Top with paprika.
- Pre heat oven to 375 deg. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.