Chef Wayne in Parker, Colorado's Note:
This is one of my favorites. It will feed allot or freeze for another day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, med diced
- 6 1/2 ounces mushrooms
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch-style beans with jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons bleu cheese salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons chives
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1Put the potato cubes in a large pot and water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender. Drain. (Save a cup of water for tempering egg yolk later).
- 2Temper egg yolk with water saved earlier. Placed potatoes back in the pot. Whip the potatoes with a mixer; add egg yolk sour cream, blue cheese dressing, and chives. Thin with milk.
- 3Over med hi heat in a large skillet add ground beef, brown, and drain. Return to the pan with olive oil and sear. Add onion, mushrooms cook until tender. Add ranch beans until warm. Add mixture to a 12" x 18" glass-baking dish.
- 4In a small saucepan over medium heat add butter and melt. Whisk in flour and cook for a couple minutes. Whisk in beef stock, Worcestershire and steak sauce. Cook until thickened.
- 5Pour over meat mixture.
- 6Spread whipped potatoes over meat mixture. (Spray spatula with cooking spray) Top with paprika.
- 7Pre heat oven to 375 deg. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie (Ranch Style)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.9
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 288.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ranch-style beans with jalapenos
A.1. Original Sauce