1 hr 5 mins
Nat Da Brat's Note:
This is the my family's French Canadian version of Shepherds pie, which we call Pate Chinois. It's easy to make, cheap and very delicious. Serve with a nice loaf of crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes.
- 2Mash potatoes, add a little butter and milk, (a little lumpy and not too creamy) salt and pepper.
- 3Brown ground beef (drain if necessary), add mushrooms and onion and cook till a bit tender.
- 4Sprinkle a little soya sauce on ground beef mixture (about 1-2 tblsp), and pepper.
- 5Put ground beef in bottom of roasting pan.
- 6Then the cream corn.
- 7Next the can of kernel corn.
- 8Finally the mashed potatoes.
- 9Brush the top with a little melted butter Bake at 375 for about an hour, or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
- 11I like to put a little soya on my serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie (Pate Chinois)
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.4
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 393.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 38.6 g