1/1 Photo of Shepherd's Pie OAMC
I just made my first batch of this and it smells great. I made homemade gravy and plan on freezing from-scratch mashed potatoes separately. I also think that this would be great to have on hand for when you do have leftover mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 (10 1/4 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced
For each casserole
- 1In a dutch oven or stockpot, cook the beef over medium heat.
- 2About halfway through add the onion.
- 3Cook until the beef is no longer pink, drain off the grease.
- 4Microwave the carrots for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the gravy and veggies.
- 6Cool and put into 2 freezer containers. I put them in freezer bags.
- 7To prepare: Thaw frozen beef mixture in the refrigerator.
- 8Put into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 9Top with mashed potatoes, melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- 10Bake uncovered at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 706.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 28.8 g