1/21 Photos of Shepherd's Pie Nutrition Loaded Vegan, Low Carb & Low Fat
Oh how I do love Shepherd's pie. But the traditional recipe is loaded with FAT and CARBS and CALORIES :-( This recipe is not only eliminated the carbs, fat and A LOT of the calories..... but that bad stuff has been replaced by the nutrient dense potato subtitute of "Cauliflower & Broccoli Puree" or "Mashed Cauliflower & Broccoli" which is just mashing up Cauliflower & Broccoli and some roasted garlic for extra heart-healthy benefits AND tasty flavor. Yes, I know it's not the "100% traditional recipe" but again I ask.... is 5 minutes of pleasure worth suffering the rest of your life over? If not, give this a try. I've had hard-core meat lovers and health-haters tell me it's fantastic..... then I tell them how I made it and they're so shocked that something so healthy tastes like it should be bad for them. Use this with "Lightlife" veggie crumbs and this will be 100% FAT FREE and even lower in calories than what is posted here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (50 g) packet Knorr Shepherds Pie Mealmaker Mix (I use the Coleman's Brand, but when submitting this recipe, it wouldn't accept "Coleman's Shepherds )
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups mashed broccoli and cauliflower (see my recipe for this, or make your own, this will add a mega dose of Vitamins A,C & E)
- 1 (12 ounce) veggie crumbles (I use "Lightlife" which has 0 grams of fat and 14 grams of protein)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Take the veggie crumbles into a pan. Add the Coleman's mix (this is basically the gravy that makes this pie famous) and enough water until the gravy is just a little bit watery, but still on the "thick" side. (remember, the moisture from the frozen peas and carrots will dilute and add to the water content, so you want to keep that gravy only a little watery).
- 3Add frozen peas & carrots and mix everything together until heated. About 5 minutes.
- 4Pour everything into an oven backing dish and cover with cauliflower and broccoli puree instead of using mashed potatos. (This will add A LOT of vitamins and nutrients instead of using potatos which would spike your blood sugar).
- 5Place into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- 6Let the pie set for about 5 minutes before cutting it up and serving.
- 7Enjoy without guilt!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie Nutrition Loaded Vegan, Low Carb & Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Knorr Shepherds Pie Mealmaker Mix