Top Review by Jen T
The first time of having a cauliflower mash :) I added a chopped onion, a little worcestershire sauce and some garlic to the browning mince for flavour. I didn't put any of the mash on the bottom of the dish instead I put it all on top and then topped with the cheese. I also added a little grated parmesan cheese to the other cheese as I wanted to use it up. This dish for me has lots of possibilities for various flavourings in the beef. Will certainly make this again. :)
- 1 head cauliflower
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, browned and drained well
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop cauliflower and steam it until very tender.
- Add cream cheese & butter.
- Remove from heat, mash well & season to taste.
- Line a baking dish with ½ of the mashed cauliflower as you would with mashed potatoes.
- Add beef and about 3/4 cheese and mix well.
- Cover the top with the rest of the mashed cauliflower. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top gets bubbly and begins to brown.