Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Uses chicken instead of lamb. 6 Points.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced and blanched
- 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped and cleaned
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth, salt, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, onion, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram, and sauce from pan. Transfer to the casserole dish.
- Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake until bubbling and golden, 30 to 35 minutes.