Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is the result of trial & error over the years. Its quick & easy (can be made the day before) and my DH & our grandchildren say "its the best"!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Brown ground beef& onions in a heavy pot; drain excess fat.
- Stir in salt& pepper.
- Add cans of soup& vegetables and mix well.
- Spoon into ovenproof casserole dish& top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
This was very nice C.L. I made it for dinner and had company over too. I used thickened TOmato soup which I made and added cumin and coriander and some red garam masala(with red chilli in it) powder instead of the vegetable soup mix (don't ask me how the hell I thought that would be a substitute). I browned the onions added the spices and then meat and browned added the tomato soup. I then added the cut fresh vegetables(carrots, peas, capsicum and cabbage) and the seasonings. Then proceeded as mentioned. The result really pleased me personally and the family loved it as well.Thanks :) Fay
This was a very good casserole. We loved the tomato soup in this. It made it have a special flavor. It was so quick and easy to put together. I will use this a lot. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This was really good. DH had two helpings. The soups gave a nice flavour to the ground beef. Instead of a can of mixed vegetables I used frozen corn. Thanks for a great recipe Country Lady.