Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This meal is one of my favorites.This recipe can't be screwed up. The best part is that the ingredients are already in the cuboard, and if there not its is still cheap.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- white onion (Ive never messured, the recipe is still good without it)
- 4 potatoes
- kraft cheese
- =Preheat oven 350°F.
- =Peel and boil about 4 potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- =Fry 1lb of Hamburger, when done drain and rinse off.
- =Add 1 can of tomato soup to hamburger and mix until all meat is covered. Shut burner off.
- =Take any Cake pan or Casserole dish and add the hamburger with tomato soup and spread evenly .
- =Drain 1 can(14.5oz) of Green beans and (15.25 oz) corn and spread evenly across the top of Hamburger.
- =Drain potatoes and add about 1/3 cup of milk,4 tbs of butter, dash of salt,and pepper. Mash until the potatoes are as smooth as possible. if its still thick u can add more butter or milk. doesnt matter which. I prefer to add more butter.
- =Add the mashed potatoes to the top of the hamburgar and vegetables. and spread evenly across. The amounts of potatoes is up to u. (I like it thick, My husband likes it thin).
- =Take kraft cheese slices or the equvilant and add each slice evenly and closely to each other across the top of the potatoes.You can double the amount of the cheese in case You like lots of cheese.
- =When your oven is preheated to about 350F set inside untill the cheese is melted or untill it is warm.The size of your pan is determined on how long to bake it. the thicker the pan is then set the oven on a lower setting and cook untill it is at your desired warmth.
- I hope You enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
I love this recipe and have been making it for years. I do it up a bit more simply though. I always pre-cook my hamburger when I buy it and then freeze it. so I just warm it up a tiny bit in the microwave so I can evenly distribute it into the cake pan. Then I add the green beans, top them with the tomato sauce. (I like to use the Garlic oregano tomato sauce for a great flavor and then I just whip up some instant mashed potaoes to spread on the top. Even my extremly picky 5 year old likes this.
GREAT AND EASY RECIPE!!! DH loved it so much that he wanted me to make it again the next day! We made a few adjustments cause I already had some of the ingredients, instead of tomato soup I use cream of chicken, I used a bag a frozen veggies & a can of corn and added more cheese (we're cheese lovers). I will definitely be making this over and over again. Thanks Chef!!!!
Wonderful and every drop was ate. Thank you for the fantastic recipe.