Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a combination of many recipes but this one is just too yummy..Try it you'll like it.
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 2⁄3 onion, chopped
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (reg. or instant)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons milk (approximate)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄16 teaspoon nutmeg
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mash.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and enough milk to have a firm but not runny consistency.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoons butter in saute pan; add onion, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, and cook until beef is lightly browned; drain off any excess fat.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to beef and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, adding 1-2 tablespoons water to keep beef from drying out, as needed.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir together and add beef broth and cornstarch; bring all to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add nutmeg.
- Remove from heat.
- Place meat mixture into ovenproof casserole dish; cover with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika if you like.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are light golden.
Great ! Made just enough. DH loved it. Thank you !!