Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really Good Shepherd's Pie, Lots of flavor and DH LOVED this and it doesn't taste low fat! 9 ww points each for 4 Huge servings or 6 ww points each for 6 regular size servings.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4.92 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml light cream
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 318.93 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml cold water
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (mixed in 3/4 cup boiling water, or 2 packets of Beef OXO mixed in 3/4 cup boiling water)
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (793.78 g) canned vegetables (your choice, corn, green beans, carrots, peas, etc...)
- 236.59 ml light cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain and mash. Mix in butter, cream and first amount of salt and papper.
- Brown ground beef and onions, drain fat. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Mix cornstarch and water together and add to beef mixture, cook 1 minute. Add ketchup, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the veggies into the ground beef mixture and spread in an even layer on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Bake additional 10 minutes if cooking from fridge.
Very good recipe! We all enjoyed it, My friends said it was better than the shepherd's pie's they've had before, that the sauce was good :) I used frozen mixed veggies but i think steamed fresh carrots and peas would be the best :) Thanks for the good recipe! :) Just a little update: Wanted to say I still make this often and it's one of my favorite dishes, absolutely great leftovers :) I use a full 1/2 cup ketchup and 1 tsp of garlic powder and add 1 tsp onion powder and it's such great comfort food especially during the cold winter months :)
Nice! I made this with some fresh carrots that I had steamed to tender rather than the canned veggies. I also used ground turkey rather than beef which hopefully made it even healthier! This was a great comfort food dish! Made for ZWT 5!