Recipe by Midge Plourde
This recipe is absolutely my favorite Shepherd's Pie one to date. A friend of mine had given it to me, but I have revised it to this...I hope you enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 package French onion soup mix
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, your preferance
- mashed potatoes (I use Betty Crocker instant, garlic flavour)
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown the ground beef with the garlic.
- Then add the onoin soup mix, with approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, and add the vegetables, then 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
- Once this has thickened, put the mixture in a casserole, and top with the prepared mashed potatoes.
- Score the top with a fork dredged in butter.
- Bake until potatoes are a little crisp on the top.
- Then add cheese if desired and bake until cheese is bubbly.