1/1 Photo of Shepherd's Pie
This is my favorite version. The nutmeg is my "secret" ingredient. Amounts need not be exact.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef with 1/2 chopped onion& 1 clove chopped garlic.
- 2Season to taste with salt, pepper& worcestershire sauce.
- 3Spread into 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 4Saute remaining chopped onion, 1 clove chopped garlic in a little butter- add sliced mushrooms and cook until soft.
- 5Layer on top of ground beef.
- 6Sprinkle frozen peas onto mushrooms.
- 7Spread on mashed potatoes next.
- 8Smooth completely to edges to seal like a crust.
- 9Lightly sprinkle potatoes with ground nutmeg.
- 10Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese starts to golden and contents are bubbling.
- 12Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.1
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Sodium 1428.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 49.4 g