Recipe by cnansel
One of my daughter's favorite mommy food. Now having to cook for herself, it was first on her list of recipes she had to have. She made it for her college roommate who is from England. Her roommate said it couldn't be shepherd's pie without lamb -- but she's requested it for dinner many times saying its a good American substitute for home.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables
- instant mashed potatoes, 6 servings of made according to the pkg directions
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger.
- While the hamburger is browning make the mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Drain the hamburger and put in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In the same pan as you browned the hamburger make the gravy according to pkg directions and add the rosemary.
- Layer the frozen vegetables on the meat.
- Pour the gravy over the vegetables.
- Cover evenly with the mashed potatoes making sure to get them all the way to the edge to seal.
- Dot with butter.
- Put casserole dish on a cookie sheet and bake uncovered in a 350°F oven until browned and bubbly.