Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple wholesome meal that can be had on its own or with peas. I adapted the recipe from a cookery book called "Peckish but Poor". I love it as it is very filling.
- 8 ounces beef mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 pinch salt
- bay leaf
- mashed potatoes
- Fry the crushed garlic.
- Add the minced beef and continue frying till the mince is brown add the salt, pepper, bay leaf and continue to cook till there is a amount of juices.
- Add the tin of baked beans and cook again until they are heated through.
- Put all the cooked ingredients in a pie dish and cover with the cold mashed potatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at gas mark 7.