Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home, good for a cold day, "meal in one dish"
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canchopped ripe olives, drained
- 5 1⁄2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon, onion, garlic and oregano until bacon is crisp.
- Stir in tomato sauce, olives and beef.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mashed potatoes, eggs, butter, parsley and salt; mix well.
- Spread half of the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Top with the beef mixture and then make a top shell with the rest of the potato mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown.