Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lower calorie and lower fat version of a favorite comfort food. Cottage cheese is optional.
Make and share this Shepherd's Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Cover potatoes and garlic with water in a large saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low, simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain, return to saucepan.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor and process until smooth and thick. Add to potatoes and mash to desired consistency.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat in large skillet.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add vegetables, broth and ketchup. Continue to cook 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into an 8 inch baking dish. Cover with mashed potatoes and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.