Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
good old comfort food- substitute any veggies you like or have left over
- 453.59 g leftover chopped cooked lamb or 453.59 g cooked ground beef
- 236.59 ml peas
- 236.59 ml corn
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 297.66 g can mushroom beef gravy
- 709.77 ml mashed potatoes
- 59.16 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml butter
- salt & pepper
- if using leftovers just bring to room temp-.
- if using ground beef, brown in microwave or skillet, drain.
- add vegetables and gravy in 2 quart baking dish.
- cover w/mashed potatoes, add cheese and dot w/butter, salt& pepper.
- bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
A wonderful dish, and no one suspected I used leftover pot roast. I am sure the lamb or ground beef would have been great too. I used frozen peans and frozen corn (I like the taste better than canned). It was a nice, hearty, and filling dinner. It was super simple to make too. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It will definately be used again.
very easy recipe.. and i kept peeping at the oven door while it was baking! it's a great way to finish up leftovers, although i used fresh ground beef! i substituted the canned gravy with beef stock i made using 1 beef stock cube. i also added some ground all-spice to the beef. The results were great!
I found this a bit bland too so I added some ketchup to the mix. This improved the taste a lot. You could add tomato sauce instead of the ketchup instead. The recipe was quick and simple to make and we had second helping with this addition. Thanks for sharing this recipe.