Recipe by Adams_SM
This is very filling and goes a long way. I made this for dinner one night and it was a hit and my family keeps asking me to make it again.
- 8 potatoes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 cans drained peas
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling, brown beef in skillet and add salt, pepper, and onions and cook until onions are soft.
- Stir in peas, beef bullion, flour, and water.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Pour beef mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Add butter and milk (you are making mashed potatoes, so feel free to add/omit how you like).
- Spoon hot mashed potatoes on the top of the beef mixture in casserole dish.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F until potatoes are slightly browned. Remove from oven and top with cheddar cheese ( and feel free to add other toppings as well, such as bacon bits, etc). Allow cheese to melt and serve hot. This casserole goes a long way because it makes a lot and is very filling. One dish meal, and goes well with rolls and/or salads.