Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple Shepherd's pie recipe that my neighbor used to make for us when we were kids with a little modification.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 4 -5 potatoes (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any kind)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add potatoes and cook for about 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes. Then mash in a medium bowl with 2 TBSP of water.
- Brown the ground beef
- Drain the whole kernel corn.
- In a 2 qt casserole dish spread the meat along the bottom, pour the corn over the meat then the mashed potatoes and top with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
I added some Worcestershire sauce and some salt and pepper for a bit of flavour, also at DH's request I put a layer of shortcrust pastry in the bottom of the pie dish and as I was serving peas and corn on the side I did not add the corn kernels to the pie and sprinkled a little paprika on the cheese before baking for 30 minutes at 175c fan forced for a simple and quick meal, thank you awidener86, made for Bargain Basement tag game.