Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I amended a Weight Watcher's recipe to be gluten free and egg free. Below is the result.
- 14 red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 6 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 1⁄2 cups summer squash, sliced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back in pot with olive oil, feta cheese, plain yogurt and almond milk.
- Mash potatoes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook ground beef with the onion for about 10 minutes.
- Drain off any fat and then stir in summer squash, diced tomatoes (drained), and tomato paste.
- Add a dash of pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Coat an 8 1/2 by 11 inch baking dish (or larger, if you have one) with cooking spray.
- Fill with ground beef mixture.
- Spread potato mixture on top of turkey mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing it into 8 pieces.
Very good and easy -- even with my subs/changes. I used 3 regular potatoes and 2 sweet potatoes, low fat feta, zucchini (and added some mushrooms too) and soy milk (instead of the almond milk). I have a function on my stove to delay cooking which I used, so dinner was hot and good when we walked in the door -- pure comfort food! Thanks for sharing!