Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Hamburger Hot Dish
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup beef bouillon
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can peas (can also use frozen)
- 4 -5 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups gravy
- 8 potatoes, mashed and seasoned with (2 1/2 pounds)
- Cook meat and onions in 1/4 cup bouillon until well done.
- Drain and season.
- Place mixture in an 8 by 11 inch baking pan, cover with layer of carrots and peas.
- Prepare two cups medium thick gravy using above liquid and adding more bouillon to flavor (if needed).
- Pour hot gravy over meat and vegetables.
- Mash potatoes, seasoning with a little milk, salt, and pepper.
- Spread potatoes over meat mixture and dot the top with butter.
- Bake 1 hour in a preheated 300 degree oven.