Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I created this recipe by accident while trying to make something with what was in the pantry...but it turned out fabulous and I will never make Shepherd's pie differently.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 16 ounces frozen green peas
- 7 white potatoes (skinned and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Saute onions, add beef and brown.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes and mash (with butter and milk to your liking); set aside.
- Mix Bisquick, milk, and eggs.
- Grease a deep dish pie pan (I actually use a deep spring form pan).
- Layer, beef and onions, then corn, then peas, then mashed potatoes, then cheese, then pour the Bisquick mix over the top. The cheese will end up rising over the Bisquick mix.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until golden.
- *Make sure you put a baking sheet on the bottom rack, because this will bubble over.