1/1 Photo of Shepherd's Pie
Chef #793776's Note:
I created this recipe by accident while trying to make something with what was in the pantry...but it turned out fabulous and I will never make Shepherd's pie differently.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 400°F.
- 2Saute onions, add beef and brown.
- 3Meanwhile, boil potatoes and mash (with butter and milk to your liking); set aside.
- 4Mix Bisquick, milk, and eggs.
- 5Grease a deep dish pie pan (I actually use a deep spring form pan).
- 6Layer, beef and onions, then corn, then peas, then mashed potatoes, then cheese, then pour the Bisquick mix over the top. The cheese will end up rising over the Bisquick mix.
- 7Bake for 30-45 minutes until golden.
- 8*Make sure you put a baking sheet on the bottom rack, because this will bubble over.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (700 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1203.4
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 286.8 mg
- Sodium 2081.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 70.3 g